Richard Meginnis, SIOR
Investment, Health Care / Medical, Office, Tenant Representation
Scope of Experience
Richard Meginnis is President of NAI FMA Realty. In addition to overseeing the Brokerage Division, Richard has remained a top producer for the company and one of the top commercial real estate brokers in Lincoln and the region. Richard specializes in investment, office, medical and industrial real estate brokerage. He focuses primarily on and has extensive experience in corporate services, site selection, land assemblage and development projects. Richard holds the SIOR designation.
Background & Experience
Richard brings over 25 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, representing a variety of public and private companies, owners, investors and developers in all aspects of commercial real estate. He has represented several national clients in securing multi-market commercial acquisitions as well as dispositions throughout the U.S.
Richard’s strength is helping his clients identify and align their real estate requirements with their strategic business, financial and operational objectives. As a tenant/buyer representative, Richard has planned and implemented location strategy for national retailers, as well as find the perfect location for an entrepreneur opening their first business. As a landlord representative, Richard has experience with individual investors, national shopping center owners, and developers, as well as corporate disposition and bank-owned property assignments.
Achievements and Awards: Midwest Real Estate News’ Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame, 2011 Honoree REALTORS Association of Lincoln, Commercial Service Award National Association of REALTORS, 2011 National Commercial Award (1 of 25 Recognized) 2016 Lincoln Independent Business Association (LIBA) Community Impact Award.
Studied Economics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Professional Associations & Designations
Earned the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) designation Leadership Lincoln, Fellow Realtors Association of Lincoln, Member, Commercial Brokers Committee Member and Past Chairman of Governmental Affairs Committee; Lincoln Chamber of Commerce - Governmental Affairs Committee Member, NAI FMA Realty representative on Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development, Past member of Mayor's Economic Task Force and Infrastructure Task Force, Former Lincoln Public Schools' Construction Review Committee, Former Member of Midlands Multiple Listing Service, Past President of Lincoln Public Schools' Board of Education, Past President of Cornhusker Better Business Bureau, Past President of Lincoln Independent Business Assoc. (LIBA), Past Chair of the Lincoln City Council
- Represented the seller, Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., of a 118,612-square-feet office development in Omaha, NE for $18 million. Fully occupied and anchored by TD Ameritrade
- Represented Wells Fargo Properties in the $14.7 million sale of the Wells Fargo Center, Commerce Court and Rampark Parking Garage in Lincoln, NE totaling 561,514-square-feet
- Represented Bryan Health in the $16 million acquisition of the 166,000-square-foot former Allstate office campus in Lincoln, NE. The site is the new Bryan Firethorne Campus.
- Assisted Windstream in its disposition of a multi-property portfolio in Lincoln, NE for $5.75 million including a 74,000-square-foot office building, a 35,000-square-foot warehouse facility, and a parking garage
- Landlord representative for Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.’s prestigious Wells Fargo Center, a 260,000 square foot Class “A” office building in downtown Lincoln
- Assists Nelnet, Inc. on their multi-market lease acquisitions and sale dispositions
- Represented Sioux City Trucking in site acquisition and worked closely with the Mayor’s office to secure incentives to bring this user to the Lincoln community
He has helped various corporate clients such as Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., Bryan Health, Nelnet, Fiserv, Celerion, Gallup, Sysco, Wells Fargo Bank, Newell Rubbermaid, Nationwide, and BKD, LLP.